Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Importance of Headshots




Let's face it. If we really want to be successful professionals in today's marketplace we need to have a vibrant presence on social media. And if we want to have a great presence on social media, branding is extremely important. A great way to establish branding is to have great images taken of you, especially good headshots. 

I know, I know, it's a lot cheaper to have your friend take a quick picture of you with their smartphone, but the picture won't be as good as if you go to a professional who has experience with making people look their best. I don't know about you, but I hate getting my picture taken. And I know most people are in the same boat as me. I think a big reason a lot of people don't like getting their picture taken is because the person behind the camera wasn't directing them to pose in a way that made them look their best. That takes years of professional training.

So of course with me being a professional headshot photographer, I am getting on that high horse, but I will stop here and spare you any sales pitch. What I will do is share with you some of the knowledge I learned in how to make people look great in pictures. 

Peter Hurley is THE King of Headshot Photography. Not only is he super funny, but he's crazy talented and an expert at what he does. Here's one of his many videos that give insight on how to pose for headshots. It's all about the jaw. No seriously. Even if you have a sculpted jawline, a lot of people tend to pull their faces back when in front of the camera because they are nervous, thus resulting in a double chin. 


Watch this and be prepared for your next headshot!

Ready to get your those headshots taken? Contact me at www.tinagionis.com


No comments: